Enjoy the Benefits of ACRO Membership
The American College of Radiation Oncology is the essential, professional society for success in the day-to-day practice of radiation oncology. Since 1990, ACRO has focused its attention on both the clinical and economic aspects of practicing radiation oncology. As a professional medical society representing a relatively small subspecialty, ACRO has led the effort to ensure appropriate reimbursement for clinical care and has provided services to help its members become better clinicians.
Its mission is to strive to ensure the highest quality care for radiation therapy patients and promote success in the practice of radiation oncology through education, responsible socioeconomic advocacy, and integration of science and technology into clinical practice.
So what value does ACRO membership provide?
- Experienced, effective, and intelligent legislative counsel. ACRO keeps an eye on Washington and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services while you take care of your patients. A $500 annual value.
- Practical and dynamic ACRO Radiation Oncology Coding and Reimbursement Guide. Designed by experts and published online by ACRO, the guide is updated annually to help you practice more successfully. A $500 value.
- After years of dedication and service to the College, members can become Fellows of ACRO with the right to use the designation FACRO after the MD degree. A highly distinguished position showing that you are a highly valued member of the field of radiation oncology. A $250 value.
- Intimate and educational annual meeting. The ACRO annual meeting, held in the Spring, provides radiation oncologists easy access to speakers, commercial exhibitors and CME and SAM credits. ACRO provides a $100 registration discount to members for the meeting and discounts on CME and SAM credits to the amount of $150; a $250 value in total.
- Comprehensive billing and coding support through training webinars. ACRO provides you with the resources to make sure your practice is fully compensated by third-party payers. A $150 value.
- A $100 registration discount is given for members to the ACRO meeting in Hawaii every year.
- Opportunities to become involved. You can participate on committees and become an active leader in the College. A $100 value.
- Online access to the Journal of Radiation Oncology (JRO/Springer). Through ACRO membership, you have instant access to articles and a library of past issues. A $100 value.
- Discounted medical-practice insurance to the amount of 5%. Exclusively for radiation oncology practices, so you get the attention you deserve and the coverage you need.
ACRO Membership provides a benefit of $1,950 total each year. Join your colleagues in the only College dedicated to radiation oncologists today!