Enjoy the Benefits of ACRO Membership
The American College of Radiation Oncology is the essential, professional society for success in the day-to-day practice of radiation oncology. Since 1990, ACRO has focused its attention on both the clinical and economic aspects of practicing radiation oncology. As a professional medical society representing a relatively small subspecialty, ACRO has led the effort to ensure appropriate reimbursement for clinical care and has provided services to help its members become better clinicians.
Its mission is to strive to ensure the highest quality care for radiation therapy patients and promote success in the practice of radiation oncology through education, responsible socioeconomic advocacy, and integration of science and technology into clinical practice.
So what does ACRO membership provide?
- Experienced, effective, and intelligent legislative counsel. ACRO keeps an eye on Washington and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services while you take care of your patients.
- Proactive practice accreditation program. ACRO Accreditation helps you demonstrate the quality of your practice.
- Online access to the American Journal of Clinical Oncology (AJCO). Through ACRO membership, you have instant access to articles and a library of past issues.
- Discounted medical-practice insurance. Exclusively for radiation oncology practices, so you get the attention you deserve and the coverage you need.
- Comprehensive billing and coding support. ACRO provides you with the resources to make sure your practice is fully compensation by third-party payers.
- Practical and dynamic Practice Management Guide. Designed by experts and published by ACRO, the guide is provided at a discount to help you practice more successfully.
- Opportunities to become involved. You can participate on committees and become active in the College.
- Intimate and educational annual meeting. The ACRO annual meeting, usually held in late winter at an alternating, warm-climate location between the West and East coasts, is meant to provide those in the radiation-oncology field with easy access to speakers, commercial exhibitors, and obtain CME and SAM credits.